- I allowed anyone to go to the library and renew their book
- Then we did a warm-up
- Then we took notes
- Then we read “The Best Gift of My Life” and did this Guided Reading with it
- After that, I had everyone write the paragraphs:
- “The Best Gift of My Life” is part of an autobiography; therefore, it is probably biased. In a paragraph, prove that this autobiography is biased.
- How would this quote be different if this selection was a biography instead?
- The idea behind this memoir is to show the perspective of how a writer comes to be a writer. In a paragraph, show how the entire story would be different if it was a biography instead.