November 11, 2015
- We did a warm-up
- Then I explained again the subtle differences between biography and autobiography
- Then we took a quiz on “When I Lay My Burden Down”
- Then we wrote three paragraphs:
- “When I Lay My Burden Down” is part of an autobiography; therefore, it is probably biased. In a paragraph, prove that this autobiography is biased.
- How would this quote be different if this selection was a biography instead?
- The idea behind this memoir is to show the perspective of a ten-year-old black girl during Jim Crow. In a paragraph, show how the entire story would be different if it was a biography instead.