January 16, 2015
- Everyone handed in all notes and warm-ups from the Short Story Unit
- We finished the test from yesterday
- Then we took notes
- Then we read “When I Lay My Burden Down”
- Everyone got a copy of the iSearch Rubric
- I talked about Edmodo
- Then it was work time
- Night Rewrites are due on Tuesday.
January 15, 2015
- We finished the Practice Test from yesterday on “A Sound of Thunder”
- Once that was done, we took a real test
- Warm-Ups and Notes will be collected tomorrow
- Everyone worked on their projects.
- Don’t forget to do your Edmodo stuff!
January 14, 2015
- We did finished the review from yesterday
- We did a Practice Test by answering these questions:
- “A Sound of Thunder”
- What is the conflict?
- What is the climax? How does it resolve the conflict?
- What is ironic about the story?
- From what point of view (of the four) is this story told?
- Name a round character. Describe why they’re round. Name a flat character. Describe why they’re flat.
- Find one quote that is an example of “direct characterization.” Find one quote that is an example of “indirect characterization.”
- What is a possible theme of “A Sound of Thunder”? Prove it by quoting a passage from the beginning of the story, the middle of the story, and the end of the story.
- We read some iSearch Examples to see what is expected in the essay
- I talked about keeping on top of Edmodo assignments
- Everyone worked on their projects
January 13, 2015
- We went over what’s expected.
- Make sure you answer the question on Edmodo
- Then everyone worked on their projects
January 12, 2015
January 8, 2015
- We did a short families of functions quiz
- We reviewed the vocab for the quiz tomorrow
- We did a review packet
- Then we did Pg. 270 #3-18
January 7, 2015
- After some warm-ups and notes, we finished “The Scarlet Ibis”
- About half-way through, we wrote a paragraph: What will happen at the end of the story? Prove it with an example from the text. Make sure you mention the conflict.
- Everyone did #1-13 on the Guided Reading