January 14, 2015
- We did finished the review from yesterday
- We did a Practice Test by answering these questions:
- “A Sound of Thunder”
- What is the conflict?
- What is the climax? How does it resolve the conflict?
- What is ironic about the story?
- From what point of view (of the four) is this story told?
- Name a round character. Describe why they’re round. Name a flat character. Describe why they’re flat.
- Find one quote that is an example of “direct characterization.” Find one quote that is an example of “indirect characterization.”
- What is a possible theme of “A Sound of Thunder”? Prove it by quoting a passage from the beginning of the story, the middle of the story, and the end of the story.
- We read some iSearch Examples to see what is expected in the essay
- I talked about keeping on top of Edmodo assignments
- Everyone worked on their projects